When we opened our doors in September 2012, the heart of our store was the extensive collection of hand-knotted Persian carpets our dad curated over the past four decades. In addition, we carried antique European furniture, fine art bronze, tea, and a special assortment of fair trade goods from Ten Thousand Villages. Five years later the soul of our store is still our unparalleled selection of hand-knotted Persian carpets, and we have also grown and evolved our collections to include makers from around the world, including right here in Texas.
Here are five of our favorite ways our store has evolved.
- Finding the Perfect Rug: We now offer design consultations to help make finding the perfect rug even easier. The process of finding the rug you love can be overwhelming. We have created a small selection to browse in-store, and most of the work in selection rugs happens on our end. We pull from our vast selection we house in our warehouse here in Bastrop. We combine what you are looking for with our knowledge on rugs and design.
- Finding our Vendors: We are constantly looking for exciting new makers that meet our high expectations in both production and quality. As we have drastically expanded our home and gift offerings over the years, we are committed to bringing in vendors that are either handcrafted, American made, fair trade, ethically sourced, sustainable, and/or companies that give back. We are proud to carry goods from over 40 countries currently that meet and exceed these standards.
- Registries: After creating and growing our home décor and baby and kids categories, the logical next step was to offer easy to access online registries for those about to start marriage or parenthood on the most prepared, stylish foot. We would love to help you create a personal, unique registry that allows your loved ones to shop local.
- Store Redesign: We took three weeks in August to completely rearrange our store. The new format takes the bazaar in our name to heart and created sections in our store devoted to particular categories to make shopping for yourself or others easier than ever. If you have not stopped in recently, now is a great time to visit and see all the changes and amazing new inventory.
- Sale Section: Our recently created sale section highlights retired pieces and great steals on Persian carpets that you can find only in-store.
It is exciting to look back over the past five years and see how we have grown and evolved, and we look forward to what the next five years hold!
Visit us in store Tuesday through Saturday and online all day, every day.